Skip to main content
Get your Wikispaces Classroom now:
the easiest way to manage your class.
Pages and Files
Add "All Pages"
Reflections for the second course work # 23clausmooc on video:
Remember that there are four stages (at least): planning, recording, editing and publishing
When you want to record a video because the keys are
(A) planning, which does not involve technological barrier
(B) The physical component, which requires hardware that is easy conditions have
(C) The physical component, which requires minimal skills, software and tools, but it is affordable.
- Have done a script that should say
- Have it written on a blackboard, teleprompter, projector, screen, etc. iPods read it while talking
- Looking at the camera, speaking clearly, etc. as when we speak in public
- Think about whether you want to do alone, with another person, or in the form of debate.
So there is no problem of technology!
(B) The study and video capture hardware
- Have a green background, if you do chroma
- Good sound, silence environmental
- Good camera, nay it is a high quality phone.
- Good light (if applicable), depending on the camera.
It's no problem if you have a minimal budget or already have these tools. But it sure is very easy to convert the office or in an enclosed space miniestudi.
(c) video editing
- To remove the original video files (cards, operating system, computer, tablet, ...). Keep them at least in duplicate in different places.
- A program editing (cut beginning and end, chrome, trim, subtitles, curtains, efecgtes special, etc.)
- Upload the video to youtube or vimeo
Burn some exposition, dialogue or conversation / debate has no problem especially if there is no editing or just trim the beginning and end. Another thing is if you make a chroma, or if the speaker is put to one side for a ppt sobreimpresionar there. Or if you are more of a recording to get different angles (which we do when we recorded chemistry experiments, but perhaps a lesson exhibition is not necessary).
If someone has difficulty and aversion to ICT silvering perhaps could be a replacement for it screencasting (recording a PPT presentation with commentary), but then you lose the grace ... Remember that arise probably involves making a MOOC could do independently and sustainable recording a video.
What really matters is the phase (A) because (B) is a matter of mounting it to the office and buy something, while (c) is a matter of devoting a small investment of time.
Note: those who have a new Iphone surely will find simple tools to do this. Now, how is that not everyone, there we go, but in the future this will be transparent and we can focus on the (A).
Note that there are relatively simple tools to record with a tablet like a blackboard. For example:
How to Record Screencast Videos On Your iPad or iPhone.
Looking to work, you focus on (a). Part (b) need not be of high quality, because in a real MOOC already been made. As for the (C) depends on the current abilities of each; there'll be time to get used to it.
Remember a video has to be something exciting!
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"